Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer's Here...

There is a tradition in my family fondly known as "Thompson Sundays". We go over to my parent's house and swim, hang out and eat great food. This was the first official Sunday of the season. As you can see, Carter was ready to go:
Here are two out of three of Campbell's aunts (my sister, Robyn, on the left and my brother's wife, Sarah, on the right.)
Is that not the cutest swimsuit you've ever seen? I'm sure that's partly to do with the cutie pie wearing it, right?!
Here's my happy little guy - he had so much fun swimming and playing with everyone. This picture captures his pure joy...I love my Cman!!
I know this picture seems kind of random, and I'm sure it still will after I'll explain it, but I'm going to any way. This portable travel swing has been an invaluable baby fixture at my parent's house. We first used it with Carter and now with Campbell. It allows us to have the baby outside with us in the shade while we swim and what not. Carter would periodically get out of the pool and go check on "My Baby Sister" throughout the afternoon. This particular time he was up there for quite a while. I decided I should probably check on him to make sure he wasn't traumatizing her or anything like that. What I found melted my heart...he was singing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star to her. And she was just staring at him with the most precious look. He is such a great brother!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh what a sweet little man! I love it that he was singing to her! They are going to be great friends. Love seeing your pictures and reading about the kids!

Love yoU!