Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cherishing the moment...

So I'm sitting at the computer doing my best to get caught up on the never ending piles of paperwork. The house is silent, both kids are taking naps after a fun morning at the Science Museum with Aunt Brookie, Cousin Chesney (today's her first birthday...Happy Birthday Chesney!) and Gran.

A few moments ago I hear the swoosh-swoosh-swoosh of movement down the stairs and my sweet little boy appears and asks if he can sit in my lap. I clear the way and let him climb up. In no time he is asleep again. He's hot and sweaty, and truth be told, the boy I will always picture in my mind as a baby hardly fits in my lap anymore. Instead of thinking about how uncomfortable I am and he must be, though, I'm choosing to cherish this moment. Because my sweet boy is sound asleep in my lap and I know moments like this won't happen much longer. Carter Michael - I love you more than life.

Please excuse the mess in the background...I told you I was working on it!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Katie, he's SO big! I just can't believe it. It seems like yesterday Brookie was calling to say she was going to be an aunt for the first time. What a sweet moment and a great reminder to us all to cherish the little moments:) Love you!

Stephanie said...

Easily the sweetest thing I have seen today. Seriously made me teary. I was trying to entertain AK in the doctors office the week and I picked her up like a baby and sang to her and literally, her legs wrapped around me. It broke my heart. I cannot believe he would crawl up in your lap and actually sleep. Amazing. A moment definitely to be cherished. Love and miss you tons!!!

Chassidy said...

pure sweetness!