Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's PeePee in the Potty!!

Carter is beginning to show an interest in the potty...actually, let me clarify. Carter is beginning to show an interest in big-boy underwear. We spent a good 10 minutes in Target last week admiring the various options available for young men in his stage of life. He left quite excited to start using his the potty in order to get some Thomas underwear. I've told myself that I'm not going to push him in to using the potty...I've heard and read of far too many instances when the parent pushed and the kid just wasn't ready. So, I'm going to let him do it in his own time. Since the Target trip, he has asked to go a few times, some successful, others not so much. We did happen to catch a success on film, though! We had run out to Matt's parent's house after church last Sunday to pick up a trailer and a chain saw and Carter mentioned something about the potty. He sat down on it and decided he didn't have to. We didn't have a diaper handy, so while Matt ran out to get one I had him sit back down to wait. Well what do you know? He did it, and quite well I might add! He was so excited. He started screaming "I did it! Dat's peepee in da potty!!" Can't you tell how proud he is?!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love pictures of learning to go pee pee! Hysterical! I totally agree with you about not pushing kids to potty train. I don't mind diapers all that much, so I'm not big on pushing it. But, it is fun when they want to learn, and are excited that they have done well!

Looks like you will be going to get those Thomas undies soon!