Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Christmas Picture...or documentation of sibling rivalry!

On this day, the kids were dressed and ready to go with Pops and JJ/Janer (my parents - and yes, my mom's name changes back and forth depending on the day) for the annual OPUBCO family Christmas party. While we were waiting for them to pick the kids up, I decided I would capture a shot or two of them in front of the Christmas tree. The shots I got were not quite what I had intended, but our life captured, nonetheless. I will narrarate (and think) for the kids as we go:

Me: "Carter, please scoot closer to your sister so I can get you both in the picture."
Carter: "I not want to, Mom."
Me: "Well then would you please at least put your toy down for the picture?"
Carter: "Not a day, Mom." (translation: Not today, Mom)
Campbell: Why should he get to have all the fun with the toy?? What about me?! After all, I'm the one with the giant bow on my head...
Campbell: Look, Mom!!!! I got it and I was so fast he didn't even know what hit him!
Carter: "No sister!!" You just think you've got my toy. Maybe if I smile while ripping it from your hands Mom won't get mad...

Me: BUSTED!!!
Carter: Way to go sister, now we're in trouble for fighting.
Campbell: Way to go bub, had you just shared with me from the start we wouldn't be in this predicament. She's not going to get mad at me, look how cute I am!
Carter: "Mom, sister's on me." Get off my leg you little thing!!
Me: "Carter, do not push her. I'm coming to help."
Me: "Now sit still for just a moment longer. Hey there...look at me!!"
Carter: "CHEEEEEESE" (When do they stop saying this for pictures?? And who taught him to say cheese in the first place?!)
Campbell: You want me to do what?! I think this bow is cutting off circulation to my brain...
Campbell: He's finally gone! Now I'll ham it up for you, Mom!

Edited to add: Notice all the ornaments hung in a giant cluster above Carter's head? He was such a good helper when we decorated the tree!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love the pics and the narration! I did see the ornaments (after you said to look) and I just want to say that I am proud of you for leaving them that way! Sometimes the kids do things and I want to go straighten it out....but he got to look at that tree and know it was his handy work! Way to go momma!

Chassidy said...

CRACK ME UP! I mean...could Carter be any more handsome...and that precious sister of his...SWEETNESS!

Tell Carter we need to have another play date where he can come see baby Turner! Love ya-
Chass