Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our New Cousin, Chesney Ann

Yesterday, January 13, our first cousin, Chesney Ann was born!! What a fun day we had at the hospital...seeing Aunt Brookie and Uncle Chris as they prepared for the birth of their baby girl, playing with Gran and Papa, eating you name it...cookies, apples, gummy worms and starburst, and much more!! It was so fun!!! But the best part was seeing Miss Chesney for the first time. She is such a perfect blend of Brooke and Chris. She has his gorgeous dark hair and eyes and has her mommy's chin and lips. Carter is so very excited to have a cousin and I'm thrilled for the kids to have a buddy so close to their age to grow up with!! I didn't have my camera handy last night, but we got to see them today and I got some cute pics.

Here she is:
And here is Carter talking to her:
Reality is sinking in...my baby doesn't look much like the baby any more!!!
I have to tell a story with this last picture. Brooke was changing Chesney's clothes to get her ready for her newborn pictures. The sweet baby didn't care much for that and was crying that sweet baby cry. Carter was really bothered by her crying and wanted to help her stop, so I suggested he sing her "Jesus Loves Me". She was laying on Brooke's bed and Carter was standing at the end of it facing her. About halfway through him singing, she stopped crying and just stared at him. My precious boy was so excited that she stopped crying when he sang that he went on to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and the "ABCs". I think he's going to be as protective of Chesney as he is of his little sister. Oh how I love that boy. Here she is right after he sang to her:
Chesney Ann, your Uncle Matt, Aunt Katie and cousins Carter and Campbell love you more than anything and can't wait to get to know you better! We have so much fun ahead of us!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katie,

I love the pictures of your kids! Especially the way you get to dress up your little girl. Hey, I have not forgotten our plan to get together. It may need to be February though - because Todd/ Todd and I travel the last two weeks of January doing interviews for Kanakuk. What are some dates that would work for you in Feb? Would you email me? THen I can compare with my calendar!
bronwyn@kanakuk.com